Forklift Operator – Fredericksburg, VA
Website Culpeper Wood Preservers - Fredericksburg
Under direct supervision of the Production Supervisor, the Forklift Operator is responsible for accurately loading trailers for delivery and unloading of inventory from incoming trailers and trucks. Responsible for processing associated paperwork as directed to ensure the accuracy of incoming and outgoing products. Maintains safe operation of the forklift and is responsible for safe handling and cleanliness of equipment, products and work area.
- Demonstrates responsibility for safety of machine operation.
- Documents and conducts the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance as instructed and with assistance from the shop when necessary.
- Handles materials safely to prevent damage and breakage to products.
- Operates and handles equipment in a manner such that the loader, trucks, trailers, etc. are not damaged.
- Maintains general wood yard appearance and proper storage and stacking of material.
- Reports all maintenance and equipment problems to supervisor and the shop supervisor immediately.
- Maintains accurate inventory.
- Works cooperatively with management and co-workers to achieve all safety, quality and production goals set for the work environment.
- Demonstrates ownership in work performed.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Scope of Responsibility: Knows the informal policies, procedures, and practices necessary to conduct the normal function of a specific work area. Is aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on the working unit.
- Knowledge of routine maintenance schedule for equipment.
- Knowledge of all safety related procedures and operating rules to insure the safety of personnel and prevent damage to equipment.
- Knowledge of inventoried items
- Decision Making: Carries out routine duties and responsibilities with supervision. Makes decisions and establishes work priorities on essentially procedure-oriented operations.
- Communication: Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skill.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Ability to perform routine tasks according to detailed and prescribed procedures. Ability to prepare accurate records and statistical results. Ability to recognize and identify wood products, sizes, treatments, etc.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Solid, basic math skills are required for this position.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems using tact and a positive attitude in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
Must possess a current, valid driver’s license. Forklift certification preferred.
The primary body positions for this job are sitting, standing and walking with medium body weight/force to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects or materials. Hand-arm and foot-leg controls are essential. The employee will be required to occasionally climb, crawl, squat, kneel, bend, reach, handle, finger, feel, talk and hear. The following vision abilities are required: near and far acuity, depth perception, sharp focusing, color distinction, and peripheral sight.
Work includes exposure to heavy equipment and machinery where failure to observe proper safety regulations and practice could result in serious personal injury. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.