Website Culpeper Wood Preservers
This is a great opportunity for the person who enjoys all aspects of maintenance, including welding, mechanical, and electrical as they are responsible for performing maintenance repairs on all plant machinery.
Position Summary: Maintain property, plant and equipment in a productive, efficient and safe manner.
- Inspects, services, repairs and constructs plant processing equipment, including structures, utilities, loaders, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, mechanical, and pressure vessel work throughout the plant.
- Utilizes welding and fabrication tools to alter, repair and fabricate processing equipment.
- Manages inventory of serviceable parts required to maintain equipment.
- Performs the Preventative Maintenance Program established by the Company.
- Documents and reports maintenance work performed and advises of future requirements in a timely manner.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Perform repairs on electrical, hydraulic, or mechanical problems
- Flexibility – Productivity of the facility is essential so services need to be scheduled to minimize downtime. Overtime and weekend work as needed.
- Education – One-year certificate from college or technical school.
- Two years related work experience.
- Experience in hydraulics, electrical pumps, valves, welding.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Basic mechanical knowledge in wood industry preferred
- Experience in fabrication and welding of various metals (including pipe welding)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Holiday bonuses
- Health insurance
- Dental & vision insurance
- Company-wide health incentives