Treating Plant Supervisor
Website Culpeper Wood Preservers
Culpeper Wood Preservers seeks a qualified Treating Plant Supervisor who is responsible for supervising the Treating Department for maximum production at minimum cost while meeting customer quality specifications and ensuring compliance with all pertinent laws, regulations, and permits.
- Supervise Treating Department employees on a day to day basis to ensure that the Culpeper Wood Preservers production and quality expectations are achieved for assigned production assembly areas.
- Oversees water treatment systems to ensure targeted goals are being met.
- Accountable for treatment of all wood products at minimal cost and within quality control standards.
- Advises plant management of conditions, changes and progress affecting the treatment volume and quality of treatment.
- Improving efficiency in the treating and production process.
- Incorporate safe working procedures into all activities in assigned areas.
- Assist with implementation of environmental programs and promote, maintain, and support the plant environmental programs to achieve desired results as set forth in the environmental objectives and targets.
- Must have knowledge of all environmental concerns, situations, and programs involving the facility.
- Train and develop assigned personnel to assure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports involving preservative chemical inventories, treating reports, and other.
- Oversees and approves entry of treating information in Inventory system.
- Manages inventory of all treating supplies.
- Perform additional duties as required to ensure the most efficient processing and growth of the plant.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3 years of supervisory experience as well as 5 years of treating operation experience is required
- General experience in manufacturing, quality control, safety, and production processes
- Experience specific to wood manufacturing, chemistry, wood grading, reading blueprints
- Possess strong Management, Planning, Leadership and Communication Skills, and Human relation skills – coaching, team building, and conflict resolution
- Strong ability to manage multiple demands, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines and manage plant safety orientation
- Solid knowledge of all federal and state regulations related to the treating department
- Solid knowledge of laboratory equipment and quality control standards related to the treating department
- Solid knowledge of quality requirements and customer specifications
- Pass the state pesticide certification exam
- Pass medical exam and fit test for respirator use
- Solid knowledge on hazardous waste regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft operating systems
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Holiday bonuses
- Health insurance
- Dental & vision insurance
- Company-wide health incentives
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.