Website Culpeper Wood Preservers
The primary function is to assist in the handling, manufacture, and processing of lumber. The Treating Technician will also operate power tools and equipment as directed.
- Cleanup of yard, processing systems, or other areas as required.
- Assist as helper in other duties as may be assigned.
- Change treatment charges. Identify and inspect materials for conformance, inspect binders and cables, moves and store charges.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Extensive Hours: Overtime and some weekends may be mandatory.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required plant safety orientation.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Holiday bonuses
- Health insurance
- Dental & vision insurance
Company-wide health incentives